COCONUT CHIA SEED PUDDING
Made with superfoods like Chia Seeds, Coconut, Cacao, Blueberries and Pomegranates, this antioxidant-rich breakfast dish is high in fiber, minerals and omega-3s that can help boost brain power, increase energy levels and provide heart health.
Our dear friend Sterling taught us how to make this delicious breakfast (or lunch) treat and it's now a weekly staple. It can be prepared the night before and made into single servings for those on-the-go or it makes for a divine addition to any weekend brunch with family and friends.
Serving size: 2 healthy portions
- 1/4 cup organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (try toasted flakes)
- 3/4 cup of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 tsp vanilla (Sterling loves adding some vanilla bean too!)
- 1/4 tsp lavender sea salt (Himalayan salt works too!)
Combine coconut milk, coconut water, vanilla and salt in a blender and mix until smooth. In a separate bowl add chia seeds and coconut flakes and pour in coconut mixture. Whisk together until mixture thickens (just a minute or so). Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and add toppings before serving.
- cacao nibs
- pomegranate seeds
- sliced almond
- other options: bee pollen, raw local honey or seasonal fruit of choice
Double or triple the recipe to make a batch that will last a few days.